Ephesians 3:17b-19: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Monday, October 22, 2012

SpOoKy CaRdS!

I hope we didn't scare you with our SpOoKy cards!  Have you ever been scared?  I mean really scared?  Not the kind where someone is hiding and jumps out at you, but the kind of heart stopping, earth shattering, adrenaline pumping scared. They are no where near fun and leave your life changed forever.  The scaredest I have ever been happened to me 3 years ago.  My son was 23 months old and I saw him out on our swing set.  He was hung.  When I got to him, he was the most sickening color of blue and purple mixed together that I have ever seen.  My baby was dead ~ I thought.  I will never forget that tingling sensation.  That taste I had in my mouth.  The ringing I had in my ears.  The uncontrollable shaking I had as I tried to focus and unwrap this horrible rope from my baby's neck.  It felt like forever and the phone I needed to call for help was so far away inside my house.  All I could do was cry out to God to please save my baby.  Please don't take him from me.  Please give me the strength that I needed to fix him.  He did!  I will never forget how clear my thoughts started becoming as I felt His arms wrap around me and gave me the power to start administering rescue breathing as I ran inside to get the phone to call 911. 

I bet that ruler in Matthew 9:18-25 felt the same way when he went out looking for Jesus because his daughter had died.  I bet he was out frantically looking for Jesus, because he had full faith in Him to heal his baby.  He knew all Jesus had to do was put his hand on her and she would live.  Full faith in the ultimate healer.  What or who do you turn to when you are scared?  Where do you immediately turn to for the healing that you are seeking?  I was shown how quickly life can be with my son.  I saw how you never know what tomorrow holds or the next 15 minutes.  That is why I am writing this, because you matter.  You matter to Jesus.  You are loved by Jesus.  He died a cruel death so that you may have an eternity in heaven when you except Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Run to Him when you are scared ~ He is the ultimate healer and comforter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment