Ephesians 3:17b-19: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Silly Bandz

Ok...what did you get? Was it a dog... a crown... a car... or maybe it was a fish?? Regardless of what you got, you have to admit these silly bandz are pretty cool lookin! I'm a father of 4 and I've heard my share of arguments over these stretchy little creations.

"That frog was mine...."
"No, I said you could just hold it..."
" But I thought all trades were final!!"

You get the picture. As an adult there have been times in my life when I've wanted something I thought I just couldn't live without, only to find that it just wasted my time, energy, and money! In the bible, it is written that people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 1 Tim 6:9. In this life we're all easily distracted by things we think we need, but truth be told, the only thing in life we really need is JESUS! When you put this silly band around your wrist you will notice it no longer resembles what it first did, in fact it looks nothing like it did! I know one thing for certain, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forevermore! Hebrews 13:8.

No comments:

Post a Comment