Ephesians 3:17b-19: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bookmark


Far away lands, a king, a battle and someone's desperate cry to be rescued....sounds like a good book to read!! Every story line introduces a plot and characters, then we discover the conflict, usually good versus evil. I am reading a book that fits this description and every night as I pick up my book I look for one thing - my bookmark. As I feel for those familiar pieces of string that are hanging over the top, I like to pause to see how far I have come but better yet, how much more I have to go!! That reminds me of my life as a follower of Christ. If I had to "bookmark" my relationship, where would it be and most importantly, has my bookmark moved?? Am I learning and growing in Christ?? Read this verse with me-

Colossians 2:6-8 NLT
"And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ."
Wow what a challenge for those who know Jesus.... Keep following, keep growing and let your roots grow down into Him!! For those who don't know, let me introduce you to the King of all Kings, who hears your cries, who rescues all who call upon Him, who has already won the battle and who is the author and finisher of my faith-- Jesus Christ. Today, you can begin to "bookmark" your relationship with Him!!





No comments:

Post a Comment