Ephesians 3:17b-19: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pencil

A pencil!!  Another school supply item that makes me so happy.  There is nothing like a fresh, sharp pencil with a good eraser.  I think that kids even write better when they have a great pencil!  But what in the world does a pencil have to do with Jesus?  Well, alot!  You see, everyone is like a new pencil.  I was.  I was dull and had absolutely no point at all.  And then Jesus came into my life.  And when he came into my life, I got sharp - really sharp.  When I excepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I was written in the Book of Life.  My name is written because I am a believer and I am ready to be a follower of Jesus.  I was given lead so that I can leave a mark on other people's lives for Jesus.  So once you are sharp, you are to use the lead that you are given to share the love of Christ with others so that others may get sharpened as well.  But with all pencils, if you don't keep them sharp, they start to go dull, or even break.  That is very easy to do.  Sin can dull you.  Life can dull you.  Time can dull you.  There are alot of things that can dull you as you are trying to be a follower of Jesus.  There are alot of ways you can get off course and stop using yourself as a pencil for Jesus and stop writing on others for Him.  But there is a way to keep yourself sharp!!!  A PENCIL SHARPENER!  What kind of pencil sharpener can you use in your life to keep you sharp?  Prayer and repentance!  We are all sinners.  We all make mistakes.  The Lord knows that and He is so forgiving.  If you use the tools of prayer and repentance, He will keep you sharp and He will use you to reach others.

1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins, he will forgive us our sins.  We can trust God.  He does what is right.  He will make us clean from all the wrongs we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment