Ephesians 3:17b-19: And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Sharpie Pen

Happy Teachers week!  The school year is almost over and supplies are probably
running low so here is a little boost to get you through. I love sharpies, I
always need a few around. They are bold and can write on anything. I was just
looking through my sons weekend folder for his tests.  I love that I can very
quickly see the corrections that need to be made because his teacher has used a
sharpie to circle those things. That reminds me of  Hebrews 12:1-2
       
          Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on
Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set before him he
endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the
throne of God.

If you are a believer in Christ, then there is a race marked out for you. 
Continue to run it with perseverance. Jesus is the author of our faith and he
has the authority to do some editing in our lives. Can you see where He is at
work in you?  Circling some things that need to be changed? 

Father, I thank you for these teachers. I pray that you bless them in a special
way and they feel your power and presence in their lives. I ask that if anyone
reading this can not say they are in Christ, that you will reveal yourself to
them and call them to believe.  Then they will begin a new life in the race you
have set before them. Father thank you for the conviction that the Holy Spirit
brings, help us to see you boldly through your word, continue to walk in your
ways, and run this race......

No comments:

Post a Comment